Thursday, July 3, 2008

Health Care in Germany

I highly recommend "Sicko" by Michael Moore. I've pretty much forced everyone who visits me to endure the movie with me. What's been fascinating to me are the varied reactions I've gotten to the film, from outright agreement of the premise (watch it for yourself) to skepticism to outright hostility.

http://www.michaelmoore.com/sicko/index.html

So I thought I'd use this blog to collect articles and clips to document health car in other countries, good, bad, or indifferent. I start with a clip about the health care system in Germany. It was somewhat of a surprise to me (it shouldn't have been) that the nations with universal health care don't follow a single model of funding or state vs. private sector involvement.

So, enjoy

www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=91971406

No comments: